Tuesday, August 21, 2012

First Day of School

Before anybody was up I could hear Jacob showering and getting ready. So when I got up he was dressed and eager. He was sure to say, "It doesn't mean I'm excited for school." :)
I made this pancakes, sausages and orange juice. Allie's tummy was too nervous for food. I can't believe she is in first grade! She gets to eat lunch and stay all day. I'll miss her, so will Eliza.
I took the kids and paid their lunch money. Then while and Eliza and I drove home I cried. Mostly because I'm so grateful for Jacob's teacher. He shook Jacob's hand as soon as he entered and told Jacob how excited he was to have him in his classroom. He was even wearing the amplifier that teachers often forget to wear. He took time to show Jacob everything and made him feel important.
Allie's teacher is the mom of Abigail's BFF. So I know her pretty well. She is super kind and really organized. I get to go help in the classroom every other Tuesday. I'm excited.
Abigail's teacher seems nice. Jacob says he yells at the kids. So she is nervous. So am I. There are a lot of her friends in the class so hopefully that helps. I hope she has a good year.
It's exciting to start a new school year.. I am going to miss them.

1 comment:

Kirk and Dynelle said...

LOVE that Jacob got such an awesome teacher! Your kids look adorable. How are you enjoying all day at home with Eliza? Is it quiet?